Monday, May 4, 2015

Última Transferência!

Hey Family!

Well, this week was stinkin awesome. We had tons of miracles and blessings, and to top it all off, Elder Neuman and I are staying together another transfer! That´s right, Elder Neuman and I will keep working in Bento Ribeiro together, and by the look of it, I´ll stay in Bento Ribeiro until the last day of the mission. I´m really happy about that because of the progress we´ve been having, and Elder Neuman and I seem to work really well together.
Mother's day is this week! And by the look of it, I´ll be using Google Plus again that way all those back at home can, in different locations, participate. I think I´ll try to call between 2 and 3 here in Brasil, which will be between 10 and 11 in Spokane, that way you can all make it to church afterwords. I have an hour to talk to yall, I´m still not really sure what to talk about since I´ll be home in about a month (electronic high-five).

This past week, We had some funny experiences we received a list of inactive members to visit in our area that the church found and asked for the missionaries to visit. One of them lived in a community that is called a "favela", maybe I´ve talked about them in the past. Usually they´re on the slopes of hills where a bunch of brick houses are built, and they´re protected by the drug lords. As we were walking up the street and steep slope, we saw a few guys holding guns, and another guy with a bag full of ammunition. They asked us if we were gringos, I told him that we were missionaries from the church going to visit a less-active man from our church... They let us pass, but boy was it weird continuing up the hill, knowing that there were men with guns behind my back.

Yesterday at church, I bore my testimony, since it was my last fast sunday in the mission. It was a very spiritual sacrament meeting for me, since the new ward mission leader (still not knowing if I´d still be serving in the ward with transfers the following day) thanked me during his testimony for the work that I´ve been doing in that ward. A young man and young woman in the ward also bore their testimonies and said that hearing mine about my mission and the difference it has made in my life made them truly decide to serve one as well. Also, a 9 year old boy named Edgar (who I didn´t know hasn´t been baptized) who has been coming to church every week said he wants to get baptized! There are 3 other members who the bishop brings to church every week since their parents aren´t members, and Edgar lives with them. Bishop has been bringing him every week for a while, and these next couple of weeks, we´re gonna teach him and get him ready for the 16th of May to be baptized.

I mean, It was cool, I was happy to be there. I´m happy, and I like being here.

I hope everyone has a good week! I´ll pray that you get better, mom. Just remember that I love you all a ton and can´t wait to talk to everybody this Sunday!

Love,
Elder Braun

No comments:

Post a Comment