Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Family,

I loved being able to talk to everyone yesterday! I don´t have much more news to share since what I told you all yesterday, but here we go!

Elder Neuman and I are still teaching Edgar, a nine year old boy who has been coming to church and said he wanted to get baptized last week! His mom, who isn´t a member of the church, although has nothing against it, wants Edgar to prepare a little bit more before being baptized. We had originally marked for him to be baptized this saturday, but depending on his mom, we might have to reschedule.

Paulo has been progressing really well, too. Although he still hasn´t comitted to baptism, he has been supporting his wife, Lucimar, more and more as he has learned more about the church. Now, he´s always there with her, and is even attending Temple Prep, learning more about temples and eternal families. He had always been saying when we taught him that the Catholic church and Mormons were alike in many ways, and now he´s having the opportunity to see the differences which makes us more happy to see his interest increase.

Souza has also been pretty good. He loves Elder Neuman and I so much, since he has worked as the Brazillian consolate for the US, and he´s a fan of 'Merica. He has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot lately and has received an answer about it´s truthfulness. His wife has been having lots of health problems, though, but he hasn´t let his faith become weak.

The members in Bento Ribeiro have been showing lots of gratitude for the work we´ve been doing, and many have invited us over to have family home evening, and even inviting their non-member friends! It´s so wonderful when their desire to share the gospel grows by seeing our example, and them not having to be compelled to do what we ask them to do. It reminds me of Chapter 32 of Alma, and how we must be humbled to excercise our faith, rather than compelled or forced to. I just love the person I have become and hope that I can make these last few weeks count.

I love you all so much!!!!!! Thansk for the wonderful support I have received serving this people that I have learned to love so much. You are all my heroes, and I hope all of your wildest dreams come true.

Love,
Elder Braun

No comments:

Post a Comment