Monday, February 23, 2015

5K Races and Rescuing Activity

Hey Guyzzzz,

We had a spectacular week of lots of work and many gratifying results. I had my ecclesiastical endorsement interview with Pres. Cabral today in the afternoon, so that should be all settled now. Let Marlon know that I´m super excited to be able to skype Marlon after the mission! He´ll probably help me out as well with my english since it´s becoming rubbish. I mean, right now, I just used an english word from the UK to describe how bad it is. Pathetic.

Valerie sent some awesome tips to help my English class this week. Most of our students are relatively advanced since most schools in Brazil teach English starting out young. On Saturday, we had a class about how to ask a question to someone and how to organize our questions. We then did an activity where everyone was given a partner and they had to interview them (in English) to get to know them, then, everyone presented their partner to the rest of the class (again, in English). Everyone seemed to like it, we had one new student participate, and three of the students even accepted an invite to come to church yesterday! They seemed to really enjoy their visit, too! Unfortunately, they live in the other stake´s boundaries, but at least we´ll be able to send the referral to the other elders. It´s even an area that I´ve already served in (Abolição). I´m thinking about maybe getting a few english copies of book of mormons for them to study in between classes. We´ll see.

Sunday morning, as Elder Neuman and I were picking up investigators to bring to church, we were walking through the city center of Madureira on our way to the chapel, and as we werepassing through there, a 5k race was going on in the streets. I unfortunately didn´t have my camera to take some pictures, but boy did it make me miss being able to participate. I may not be up for that marathon race my first weekend at home, but if there´s a 5k somewhere closeby, I´d be so happy if I could sign up. Dang I miss running.

Saturday, we had an amazing rescue activity in Bento Ribeiro, where 6 missionary companionships from the stake (including us) came to our ward to visit as many less actives as possible. Our objective was to 1st, confirm that all of the listed members still live where our members roster says, 2nd, Help the less actives return in church activity, and, 3rd, talk with their neighbors to invite them to receive the missionaries and attend church meetings. We had wonderful results with many less active members coming back to church, and our sunday attendance was 84 as opposed to 52 that we had the week before. Not too, shabby, and now Elder Neuman and I have tons of people to follow up on and help to stay active.

We´re also still having great progress with our investigators Rose and Rayane, who were both able to be at church yesterday. We´re expecting to have Rose´s baptism this saturday, and Rayane just has problems with working on sunday before she can be baptized, since she only has one sunday of every month. We had a powerful lesson about sanctifying the sabbath day, and she said she would act in faith, asking to have all sundays off from her boss, and if they don´t let her, she´d try to find another job. Faith brings blessings, people. Faith brings MIRACLES!

So we´re happy, thirsty and hungry to work, and expecting many great miracles in Bento Ribeiro these next couple of weeks. I love you all, I love the Lord whom I serve, and seek to serve him with all my heart, might, mind,and strength every day!

Love,
Elder Braun

No comments:

Post a Comment